Sky High RPG

The Roleplay site where hero's become superhero's! Graduate and join the quest in fighting supervillians or be a supervillian yourself!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eeep! I'll Try Not to Make a Fool Out of Myself ((Thomas))

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Talia Collins looked down at her scrap of paper with Thomas's handwriting on it, then back up at the building's address. It was the right place, she took a deep breath and strode forward pushing open the door to the cafe' where Thomas invited her to see him play. She was wearing her sweet vanilla perfume and her favorite slightly peach colored lip gloss. But despite all this her stomach was acting like an Olympic Gymnast, flipping and bouncing around.

She scanned the area and sat down at a empty table for two, hoping it would send a message to Thomas that she saving the seat for him. She looked around the cafe' again and tried to look busy. She started digging around in her purse to amp the illusion that she wasn't anxiously waiting around.She knew she had come way too early.

After a few seconds of that she took out her phone and shifted through her pictures and deleted the ones that she didn't like.Finally she got up to order some water. She placed her order, payed and was heading back to her seat looking and the painting in the wall when she ran right into a table sending her water soaring and landing on the floor with a wet explosion.

She immediately scurried over to grab some napkins and ran back to her spill to mop it up,on her hands and knees. She was embarrassed and felt horrible.

*Talia's Outfit

Thank you Thomas for my awesome graphic! Wink
Talia speaks in:cyan She thinks in:indigo And other people speak in:blue
View user profile
((Too lazy to code right now... meh.))

Thomas was behind a curtain, wiping off a guitar with a cloth. This would sound simple if he had just one neck on the guitar. It didn't. In fact, it had four. Two of the necks went in one direction, while the other two were on the opposite side of the body of the guitar in a obtuse angled "V". By simple mathematics, it was four times as awesome as a regular guitar. Leastways, that's how everyone else described it to him. Obviously, no one else had actually TRIED using a four necked guitar, because it was so difficult. He had enormous difficulties dealing with the Hydra, as he called the quad necked guitar, but it improved his guitar skill, so he didn't complain too much. it made things so much easier with his own, single necked guitar.

Slipping a hand out, Thomas gently parted a piece of curtain, letting him peek at the crowds assembling. part of him was curious whether or not someone would show up. Sure enough, there she was: Talia Collins. Shy as she was, she had made quite the impression on him earlier today. She had been the first human being in the school to act like she gave a care about him, and that was definitely a first. As he watched, she spilled some water, and hurried after some napkins to try and towel the mess up. The conduit smiled. her gentle clumsiness was something he found a little bit cute. Backing away from the curtain, Thomas began to tune his guitar.

Eventually, he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was the club owner, Dave. "Listen, kid. These people come here to listen to some nice, peaceful music to help take their minds off the day. take it easy tonight, huh?" Thomas merely bobbed his head. "Good." The guy walked away, and Thomas pulled out a long list of songs he knew. Dragonforce, KISS, Cradle of Filth, Tvangeste, KMFDM, Manowar, Judas Priest... None of these things were exactly soft music.
Besides, the lead singer picked out the song, and he was swinging by now... When he gave Thomas the song to do, Thomas had to resist the urge to slap that sucker in his pie hole. Kabbage Boy?? Seriously?? Thomas was thankful that he was on good terms with the Bassist, because that needed to change. He walked past him and muttered "The funny farm. We need to return there."

Thankfully, he understood immediately. Thomas started out with the opening riff, and began to play. afterwards, he went into the back, and then reappeared near Talia as different performers went on. "Hey, Talia." He sat down across from her, and ordered a root beer. After a few cautious sips, Thomas hesitantly opened up the conversation. "Are you ok? from the fall, I mean."

I made very picture associated with my person.
View user profile
Talia's face was burning she had watched Thomas perform, staring at him until he looked in her direction then turning away and blushing with a huge smile on her face. The night before she had spent forever trying to decide the perfect scent to wear and the perfect outfit. She hadn't even really told her parents what she was doing. Just that she was going to see a friend. She didn't want her father knowing she was going to be with not only a boy but a senior!

And when Thomas finally disappeared off stage Talia rushed to apply another thin layer of lip gloss and few more dabs of vanilla perfume. Her stomach twisting in anticipation hoping that he was coming to see her. She felt so nervous being with boy but tried not to show it and stood up straight.She tried not to look around and search for him instead she forced herself to stare at the table top.

But she couldn't help but smile when she heard Thomas's shoes on the floor behind her."Hey, Talia." he said sitting across from her.He handed her a root beer which brought on a few moments of awkward silence. "Are you ok? from the fall, I mean." he asked her ,Talia blushed blushed "Yeah I'm good. It was just water......Uh, thanks for inviting me." she said. Just talking to Thomas was making her blush. No powder needed.

View user profile
Thomas listened quietly as she spoke, stopping only to sip from his own drink, quietly. "Well, you know what they say. Water melts sugar." Thomas' cheeks suddenly burned as he realized what he said. Was that a flirt? Was he flirting? Did he even like her that way? Maybe, but that wasn't important. It didn't matter if he liked anyone, really....

Thomas looked at Talia, and gave a weak smile. "Sorry." Thomas ordered a refill for his drink, and drained the glass. After procrastinating, Thomas decded to ask a slightly personal question. "Um... You wanna go out?" Thomas didn't know how she would react. He was rather old, compared to her. He was a loudmouth, in more ways than one, and tended to blurt random things out.

Like him asking wether or not Talia would like to date him. That was quit possibly idiotic. In fact, it probably was.

View user profile
((I'm so sorry this is the first time I was able to post. Instead of getting a hotel with wifi we ended staying at my Grandma's house and she doesn't have the internet))

"Well, you know what they say. Water melts sugar." Thomas said. It took Talia by total surprise, she smiled at the table top and pushed lock of dark hair behind her ear. She could feel her butterflies stir again, it made her feel so shy. She for a second considered saying something maybe thank you. But it sounded awkward and naive (though she was) so she continued to stay silent. But she did however glance up at him then stare at the table a little closer to his side.

"Sorry." he said, Talia looked back up at him deciding now was a better time to respond "Oh, no that's alright." she said smiling shyly up at him as she traced the healing scratch on her wrist from another scratch given to her by her cat Aladdin, who seemed to have a love-hate relationship with her. Talia looked up at Thomas again, he was very good looking and despite his very loud (and a bit scary) music preference he was really nice. She was a bit surprised at herself for liking him as much as she did. She tended to like abercrombie junkie, popular boys, with brown hair and brown eyes. And Thomas was very different.

And while she thought on this Thomas had ordered another drink and downed it."Um... " Thomas started taking Talia's eyes away from her scratch and onto him, "You wanna go out?"he finished. The question took Talia by complete surprise, and at first she felt frozen. "I,uh..." she started but stopped herself she needed to think about this. She wanted to make the right decision, but she glanced at him and thought 'Well I do like him,and it's not we're going to get married. If things don't work out we can always just brake it off.' .

"Yeah,sure, I'd love to" she finally said smiling at him. Feeling her stomach butterflies flutter again.

View user profile
Thomas wouldn't be surprised by her rejection. they had so little in common... wait... she said yes? The conduit felt like he could almost fly. Instantly, Thomas' mind went into overdrive, trying to find a place that would do for a date. Hmm.... Thomas' mind went a little bit overboard. The Ivy, a fancy, expensive Italian restaurant... a dark table, lit only by the light of candles... Then Thomas decided on something just as nice, but cheaper.
"Great," he said. "This Friday, after School. I'll be at the park in the Village at Five O'clock. no need to dress up in your Sunday outfit." although he thought to himself a dress might be nice for her.

Thomas called the waiter, and paid for the drinks. "But sir," the man inquired. "Will you not get some food?"

"No," Thomas said. "I've gotten the best thing on the menu already." raising an eyebrow, the waiter left. before his courage ditched him, as he passed her, Thomas bent over her, and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. "See you Friday." Thomas walked out, then pulled his guitar off his back as he walked into an alleyway. Thomas ripped off a small riff, a jumped onto the back of the guitar. constantly shredding, Thomas managed to get the thing to hover in the air. Thomas had transport. good. Thomas flew higher, and then disappeared.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum